Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Rodeo Fuel Injector Air Leak

bkdenver
01-05-2006, 03:58 PM
Hi-

I have a 1998 Isuzu Rodeo 3.2L V6. I seem to have an air leak around one of the fuel injector seals into the manifold. I confirmed the air leak is the injector while running the engine and spraying brake cleaner at the interface as a test. My IMG is good, it was changed in the past and appears sound. All the injectors work fine....just a leak around one that may be giving me a CEL and some lean codes on my O2 sensors. I had Autozone check the CEL codes and they all seem to point to a lean reading on misc sensors. I'm guessing the air leak is generating a lean air/fuel mixture. I think i need to fix an o-ring or something on this one injector.

Most of the time the truck runs fine, but once in awhile the CEL will come on and/or the truck will stall at idle (or hesitate during fast acceleration)....it always starts right back up. Its not a critical item, just annoying. Do i need to remove all the injectors, fuel rail, etc. to fix this one injector seal or is there an easier way?

thanks for your help!

bkdenver
03-20-2006, 01:07 PM
Followup: I removed the fuel rail and the leaky injector. The o-ring for this injector had a rip in it probably from a prior repair of something else done by a mechanic. I replaced the o-ring (using "Help" replacement injector o-rings from Checker Auto) and put everything back together.

The engine works great now. No CEL codes, hesitation, or stalling and lots more HP.

Add your comment to this topic!