Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Nissan Sunny (Sentra) B14 non-obd ECU

lionsunny
01-05-2006, 10:39 AM
Hi,
I own a RHD Sunny B14, 1999 model, GA16 engine, imported from Singapore. I have tried to locate the OBD II plug but cant find it. There is a Nissan Consult plug in the fuse box under the dash. The ECU also does not have an external mode switch. How can I check the codes using the Check Engine Light. Does anyone know if this car is OBD compliant. Is there a low-cost Consult scan tool available?

Thanks.

mmcleo11
01-07-2006, 10:12 PM
Hi,
I own a RHD Sunny B14, 1999 model, GA16 engine, imported from Singapore. I have tried to locate the OBD II plug but cant find it. There is a Nissan Consult plug in the fuse box under the dash. The ECU also does not have an external mode switch. How can I check the codes using the Check Engine Light. Does anyone know if this car is OBD compliant. Is there a low-cost Consult scan tool available?

Thanks.

Your car is fitted with an OBD2 plug, that is the Nissan Consult plug.
There are a set of pins on this plug that you can short out to get the Check Engine Light to return codes for you, just not sure which pins they are off hand. Otherwise, take it to a Nissan Dealer and they charge like sh!t all to get a Nissan Consult Printout for you.

Takes about 5 minutes to get a printout, about $30 for their time.

lionsunny
01-08-2006, 08:35 AM
Hey thanks for the reply.
The dealer in my country, charges about 100 US to check the ECM.

I have located 2 people who sell Consult connection cables, - BlaZt and PLMS Dev, that connect to PC with Datascan software to read the ECM data. Kits cost about 150 US.

I would really like to know which Consult pins to short for MIL readout.

sadeepa
02-08-2006, 02:00 AM
HI , I joined the forum today only. If you are still interested on this matter I may be able tohelp you to find the OBD pins. Please let me know.

Sadeepa

lionsunny
02-08-2006, 05:25 PM
Yip,

I'm still interested in getting my "check engine light" to give me diagnostic info, or finding my OBD11 plug.
Can you help?

mmcleo11
03-02-2006, 11:33 PM
The Nissan consult port is the OBDII connector, every manufacturer has a different plug so you will find most generic scantools(like the Bosch item I have at work) have different plugs for different cars.

If your Consult Port is a 16 pin type, the Top 2 pins on the far right hand side need to be bridged for the CEL/MIL to display codes. Of course, it is up to you to find out what those codes mean. That is why a Consult tool is much easier to use.

Add your comment to this topic!