Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

4 port and 6 port intakes?

turretman
01-04-2006, 09:47 PM
I need some info. I have the automatic version of the RX-8 and someone told me that one of the performance differences between the 197bhp(mine) and the 240bhp car is that the 240bhp has a 6 port intake and the 197bhp has a 4 port intake. Is this true? If so can the 6 port interchange with my 4 port if so equiped? Any help would be wounderful.

ccasmoe00
04-06-2006, 10:23 AM
I need some info. I have the automatic version of the RX-8 and someone told me that one of the performance differences between the 197bhp(mine) and the 240bhp car is that the 240bhp has a 6 port intake and the 197bhp has a 4 port intake. Is this true? If so can the 6 port interchange with my 4 port if so equiped? Any help would be wounderful.

Yes that is true. If I am correct the last two open in the 6 Speed Manual when it hits 7000RPMS so it has more air all the way up to 9500RPMS. Kinda like a Turbo but in a different way......

mazdatekchubyninja
12-18-2006, 06:57 PM
he's sorta right but the rx8 has a 2 piece intake. Plastic top and metal bottom. The rotor side housing also have extra ports in it's casting so even if you swap out intakes it wouldn't work. The reason why mazda didn't put the
high power in the auto because the tranny will slip or can't hold the power. the only way to remove the intake is to drop the motor completely out of the car. It ain't worth the trouble. If some else tell you can do it with dropping the motor they are lying

Add your comment to this topic!