Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Can't start the car

Crippe
01-04-2006, 06:30 AM
Hi, got a problem with my Renault Laguna (N-reg), after my holiday the battery was totally flat, no lights nothing. I got a garage guy out to try to start it. he could not and said that the petrol is not coming due to the imobiliser. He said I need to recharge the battery and look it up for ten minutes and then it would start. i have no changed the battery but the car just wont start. The battery and the imobiliser seam to work fine. there is no code or anything like that that I need. but the car just wont start, what do you think I need to do?

EwanR
01-13-2006, 11:31 AM
>The battery and the imobiliser seam to work fine

They certainly do if you can't start it!

With some systems the immobiliser code needs reset or synchronised with the blipper. I'm not an expert on Laguna systems (Yet) - only got one in Oct last year.

Frustratedorwot
02-02-2006, 10:40 PM
Dont even talk to me about immobilisers!!! If I could find the wiring that runs this I would rip it out and just use the key opening system instead of keyless. Is there anyway this can be done???? Without taking the car to be recoded to the dealer!!! Grrrrrrr.

T.

jiny
02-27-2006, 07:27 AM
[quote=Frustratedorwot]Dont even talk to me about immobilisers!!! If I could find the wiring that runs this I would rip it out and just use the key opening system instead of keyless. Is there anyway this can be done???? Without taking the car to be recoded to the dealer!!! Grrrrrrr.

Things to have:
· The keys
· The Code for your Particular car (Renault can provide) eg. 8422
· The Car ( J )

Step 1
Turn the ignition on to illuminate the console warning lights.
Step 2
Using the interior central locking button, press and hold until the small led flashes…
i.e. if your code is 8 4 2 2 you will press firstly until it flashes 8 times then 4 times etc.. until the full code is entered.
Step 3
With the key removed, push and hold the button for a few seconds, the doors will cycle this sets the decoder in the footwell.
Step 4
Finally, aim 1 or both keys at the sensor, near the mirror, push several times to set the keys.
Step 5
Hopefully barring errors, enjoy your happy moments of opening and closing doors while getting the car to start. J

In emergencies there is a code that can be entered, this code will allow the car to be started and driven for approximately 10 mins… I will be honest I don’t know if this is the same for every Laguna but my code is 1313.

The emergency code can at least get you to the local Renault dealers where they can tune the keys properly.

Sy

jiny
02-27-2006, 07:29 AM
[quote=Frustratedorwot]Dont even talk to me about immobilisers!!! If I could find the wiring that runs this I would rip it out and just use the key opening system instead of keyless. Is there anyway this can be done???? Without taking the car to be recoded to the dealer!!! Grrrrrrr.

I had same key problem last weekend, I did as the following, then the key refunctioned easily, if you have already found the solution, I suggest you to keep the instruction as a file,you will need it in short future, as this problem occurs often: (this instruction I got it also in the forum, I would like to thank the first person who pasted this instruction, what I am doing is just to let more people to know)

Things to have:
· The keys
· The Code for your Particular car (Renault can provide) eg. 8422
· The Car ( J )

Step 1
Turn the ignition on to illuminate the console warning lights.
Step 2
Using the interior central locking button, press and hold until the small led flashes…
i.e. if your code is 8 4 2 2 you will press firstly until it flashes 8 times then 4 times etc.. until the full code is entered.
Step 3
With the key removed, push and hold the button for a few seconds, the doors will cycle this sets the decoder in the footwell.
Step 4
Finally, aim 1 or both keys at the sensor, near the mirror, push several times to set the keys.
Step 5
Hopefully barring errors, enjoy your happy moments of opening and closing doors while getting the car to start. J

In emergencies there is a code that can be entered, this code will allow the car to be started and driven for approximately 10 mins… I will be honest I don’t know if this is the same for every Laguna but my code is 1313.

The emergency code can at least get you to the local Renault dealers where they can tune the keys properly.

J

gbandyno
05-04-2006, 02:04 PM
hi mate whitch year is your laguna?????i had 2.0i 1994 and the immobilizer is at the right side allmost same hight as fuse box on the wall next door.it is small box with 2 scart cables (each around 15small cables)size 2x10x10 cm
it is easy take out and imobilizer wont work.
i did it after my key didnt work 500 miles from my house.

and 1995 laguna any engine has allmost same place but is hidden behind the plastick interier next to fuse box..
sorry my english i am slovakian
i hope i helped plz let me know
cav andrej

bonedavid
05-04-2006, 10:09 PM
what excactly does your car do if its not starting..does the engine turn but not catch?

does your dash show any lights

other causes for not starting on a laguna...tdc sensor..cheep and easy to replace...coils..not cheap or as easy to replace.

try this... 1st generation Immobilsiser systems.
Been ages since I have done it but....

Turn ignition on, light flashes rapidly
press ADAC button and press pedal the amount of times for the 1st digit I.E 6 time for 6
Then release ADAC button and do the same as above until you have entered all 4 digits.
Car should then start.

hope this helps

Add your comment to this topic!