Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Too many slow downs.

kcg795
01-04-2006, 07:13 AM
Everyday, I'd be cruising along on this site checking out all the threads. Then suddenly, it'll slow to a halt for a few minutes. I click and I click and I click and nothing happens. Is this site hosted on dialup or something? Maybe Automotive Forums should seek a more reliable server. I'll live with this slight annoyance for a while. But hopefully, it'll clear up soon.

l_eclipse_l
01-04-2006, 12:59 PM
I'd have to agree. It seems that sometimes this site just stops responding for a few minutes, or it takes forever to load a page. I am on cable internet, and this site takes longer to load than almost any other site I go to. There have been times when I go to post, and it takes 2-3 minutes from the time I hit submit to the time it shows up and it just sits at the "Thank you for posting" screen.

However, these things happen. A lot of traffic on this site, so these slowdowns are to be expected.

JLad10687
01-05-2006, 12:31 PM
Yea, and if you close it and go back, it says its down and to try back in 5 minutes.

DetroitMuscle
01-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Its the host servers.

kcg795
01-16-2006, 08:40 PM
Man, this is slower than the second coming of Christ right now.

SLoe
01-16-2006, 09:17 PM
:iagree: much slower.

97cavalier
01-16-2006, 09:48 PM
good, i thought it was just my computer, this thing is slow!!

corning_d3
01-16-2006, 09:48 PM
:banghead: It's frustrating...

kcg795
01-16-2006, 09:54 PM
I have harassed our phone company for DSL for 3 years and we finally got it!! No more dialup. We got 1.5 Meg so we can AVOID slow downs. But this is rediculous. I hate feeling like I'm on dialup again.

Nayr747
01-17-2006, 03:26 AM
Does the same for me. So many times I click on AF in my favorites and nothing happens. Try back later and it works again.

kcg795
01-17-2006, 04:26 AM
I just start clicking frantically until it finally fuckin' works.

l_eclipse_l
01-17-2006, 01:28 PM
I just start clicking frantically until it finally fuckin' works.

Is it really that important to you? Do you go through some type of AF withdrawl? lol :lol:

quteasabutton
01-17-2006, 02:07 PM
for a week straight once my laptop and AF just weren't getting along. i timed it and every time i would click on something, it would take 5-10 minutes for the next page to load..if it did. you can imagine how long it took to get into a thread, read it, and then post one reply. thankfully it's working again except for the ocassionaly slowdown. and don't make fun of people that go thru AF withdrawal...:uhoh:

Nayr747
01-18-2006, 03:29 AM
P.S.
DetroitMuscle is your "do not question authority" avatar supposed to be funny or is it serious? Not questioning authority leads to some very bad things i.e. Nazi Germany. People should always question everything.

70camaro
02-27-2006, 07:50 PM
Whoever is running this site needs to cut out all of the extra CRAP on these pages! That's why it takes so long to load. yeah, yeah, all the graphics are cool, and I realize you need to advertise, but you aren't doing your "members" any service by causing these pages to load so SLOW! If anybody who's anybody is reading this post, please at least give a response as to what, if anything you plan to do about this. People pay good money for fast connections for a REASON. So, cut out the unnessary graphics and pretty colors, that's not what we're here for. It really is senseless.

Nayr747
02-27-2006, 10:05 PM
Whoever is running this site needs to cut out all of the extra CRAP on these pages! That's why it takes so long to load. yeah, yeah, all the graphics are cool, and I realize you need to advertise, but you aren't doing your "members" any service by causing these pages to load so SLOW! If anybody who's anybody is reading this post, please at least give a response as to what, if anything you plan to do about this. People pay good money for fast connections for a REASON. So, cut out the unnessary graphics and pretty colors, that's not what we're here for. It really is senseless.
I don't think that's what's taking the pages so long to load. I think it's the servers. This site really doens't have that many graphics and whatnot to load. You need a faster connection if you think so.

Btw, does anyone know why I have to press 'back' twice rather than once? It's really annoying.

l_eclipse_l
02-28-2006, 01:50 AM

It has gotten better. Relax. It was a helluva lot worse a few weeks ago.

Officer Redneck
03-02-2006, 08:10 PM
Well, until you decide to start paying the bills that make this site possible, quit bitchin' about the advertisements. They keep this place going and free.:2cents:

master hec0
03-04-2006, 12:31 AM
i vote af goes on a defrent host

Add your comment to this topic!