Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

PLEASE! somebody help!

specialk9991
01-04-2006, 02:56 AM
I was hoping someone in here has conquered the problem I am just nowencountering. I have a 2001 A4 2.8Q (5sp stick) and all of a sudden the keyless entry stops working. Also, all of the features that work with the driver door lock no longer work (i.e. the windows going up and down when you hold the key in, or being able to disarm the alrm with the driver's door lock), it soes still unlock the door mechanically though. My moron dealer says I need to buy a new switchblade key (at a cost of around $150-- I don't think so), but I think he is just taking a stab in the dark. Could the wiring connecting the door locks to the alarm and such be malfunctioning? Has anyone ever done anything with the electronics conected to their driver's door lock? If so do you maybe have a diagram or picture of what the interior of the door is supposed to look like with the panel off? I have the Bentley Pub. Repair maunal and the wiring diagrams are just beyond me.

Thanks y'all

docurley
01-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Have you tried the spare key if you have one or even just replace the battery.

specialk9991
01-08-2006, 08:18 PM
Have you tried the spare key if you have one or even just replace the battery.

Unfortunately, I don't have a spare remote transponder. You re4ally think replacing the battery will make the door electronics work again? Why?

MikeLee2484
01-08-2006, 10:43 PM
my a4 does wierd things if i havent driven in it a while, like a week or two. the power windows wontwork, and remote wont work, until you unlock the car with the master key. so that doesnt sound crazy. try that.

Add your comment to this topic!