Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Both banks are lean

authoriti
01-03-2006, 03:31 PM
Ok put in a new fuel pump, new fuel filter, new injectors, new air filter, new pressure regulator and now i'm getting a P0171 and P0174. Anyone have any thoughts on this.

1996 Jimmy 4.3L the top hat piece that goes on the throtle is a little lose, so I have feeling that may be contributing.

maxwedge
01-03-2006, 04:57 PM
Any vacuum leak is one cause.

authoriti
01-03-2006, 07:08 PM
Ok managed to hodge podge a clamp onto it. So I'll see if that's any better. Now I have run into another interesting but I'm sure simple fix problem. I just put in my new fuel pump and it was running great. I come home park it and come back out to put on the intake clamp. Now it won't start. I smell fuel look under and low and behold the passenger side hose has come off my pump. I thought I had it on good, but it doesn't seem to want to clamp on now. Is there some thing I'm missing. I tied them down so that they can't come loose, but I shouldn't need to do this IMO. Any info is appreciated.

maxwedge
01-03-2006, 07:12 PM
These hoses have those built in clips to hold the line on the fitting , right, if so maybe you didn't get them snapped back in properly or they broke coming off?

oh_snnnap!
01-22-2006, 03:55 PM
When I had this problem it was the TPS. You would think it would set a code, but mine didn't.

It's $12, so may be worth just buying one to see.

Add your comment to this topic!