Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Worth the time, effort and $$?

trik
01-03-2006, 02:37 AM
Ok So I was given a 1995 Mirage, 89k miles. Fairly good condition. Comepletly stock, ugly ass teal with those gross stock wheels :) . I have never ever looked into mirage's or what people do with them. I wouldnt even be doing this but the car was FREE.

Curious as to what motor, if any can be swapped into this? 113HP stock...was thinking basic mods intake, header, exhaust, maybe cams depending on price etc.... I was either thinking of building up the original engine and then dropping a turbo on it, or finding out what engine can actually be placed in this "beast"

Im not looking for anything spectacular, maybe a goal of 160-200HP.
Within 1-$2,500 on mods? maybe engine swap?

is it worth spending a few grand on to have a little speeder for the time maybe 1yr-18months or just keep saving?

Ive browsed cardomain seems everyone EVO mods there mirage, is this worth time and effort?

evoryda
01-04-2006, 10:09 PM
if you dont want it ill take it off your hands for 500 bux, lots of 4g ragers are doin that g63t swap, the 63t from the eclipse or talon that is, the g63ts in the evo4+ is on the opposite side of the engine bay as the 4th gen mirage, you may say youll be gettin rid of it in a year or 2 but wait, youll get to messin with it and youll love it. i think its worth the time to swap a g63t in it, produce great #s with a couple mods and it would fly especially in a lighter car. a swapped civic has nothin on a g63t rage, :grinno:

martinez205
02-14-2006, 12:43 PM
dude most of us come into a mirage by circumstance not choice, but once you get to know the mirage it's really a nice alternative. but if you want something else just keep saving your money and i'll take that car off your hands. just send me a message.

CAUTION
02-21-2006, 10:49 PM
for big power with your engine. one word TURBO. thats it but that 2500 range you talked about. almost if not all of it will go to it. it can be done

Add your comment to this topic!