Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tundra Toolboxes

tetrahydro
01-02-2006, 03:09 PM
If you own a domestic truck you can simple walk into Lowes and buy a nice toolbox for about 250$... However domestic fullsize trucks are about 3 inches wider, this sucks, where can I find a nice Tundra Toolbox for less then 300$? Thanks in advance, Brandon

audioman81
01-03-2006, 07:07 AM
If you own a domestic truck you can simple walk into Lowes and buy a nice toolbox for about 250$... However domestic fullsize trucks are about 3 inches wider, this sucks, where can I find a nice Tundra Toolbox for less then 300$? Thanks in advance, Brandon

I dont know where you can find them, but I know of a used truck dealer by me that is trying to sell an 03 tundra that has a nice toolbox in the back. I asked them if i could buy it a while back and they said $175, but I said it was too much and offered them $50 I dont really need one that bad, but it is in nice shape and prolly worth that. depending on where ur located, maybe i could take pics of it and ship it to ya or something i dunno. or find out the brand and try to find a dealer that sells that brand.
Ryan

tetrahydro
01-03-2006, 09:18 AM
I dont know where you can find them, but I know of a used truck dealer by me that is trying to sell an 03 tundra that has a nice toolbox in the back. I asked them if i could buy it a while back and they said $175, but I said it was too much and offered them $50 I dont really need one that bad, but it is in nice shape and prolly worth that. depending on where ur located, maybe i could take pics of it and ship it to ya or something i dunno. or find out the brand and try to find a dealer that sells that brand.
Ryan

I'm in Central Florida, but the problem with toolboxes is that they are way to bulky and heavy to make it worth anybody to ship them, therefore I think I will have to order one from a local truck accessory shop or something.

gator2764
01-06-2006, 12:34 PM
I just bought one from Lowes, the kind that sits in the bed and not over the rail. Nice and big! I used a cable to secure it in the bed. If you hook the ends of the cable to the tie downs it will fit stretch across the toolbox where the indentations for the tray are and you can't lift it out of the bed once you have a lock on it, you just have to make sure you have all of the slack taken out of the cable before you crip the end.
They had a %20 off special this past weekend and it cost $190 with taxes.

tetrahydro
01-06-2006, 09:53 PM
I just bought one from Lowes, the kind that sits in the bed and not over the rail. Nice and big! I used a cable to secure it in the bed. If you hook the ends of the cable to the tie downs it will fit stretch across the toolbox where the indentations for the tray are and you can't lift it out of the bed once you have a lock on it, you just have to make sure you have all of the slack taken out of the cable before you crip the end.
They had a %20 off special this past weekend and it cost $190 with taxes.

i just ordered one from a local store for 229$ before taxes, it's made for the tundra and they are going to bolt it on for me so i cant really complain cause it will look good. It's also a low-profile because cause I dont like ones that stick up past the back window.

zrx1200rdude
01-07-2006, 09:34 AM
I got one that is universal for fullsize trucks at Tractor Supply Co...I have a long bed tundra maybe that makes a difference with the wheel wells hitting..Anyway, it fits good, black powdercoat for $225....Just make sure you don't get one that goes completely to the floor, because the Tundra bed is shallower than domestics...

jhsmith4
10-26-2006, 07:21 AM
Ryan Try United Welding Web site!

Puffnstuff
10-31-2006, 05:12 PM
I was going to say that if you're in central FL you could get one from united welding services in Perry, FL. I got one through my local truck place and they overnighted it at no extra charge.

Add your comment to this topic!