sci-fi plane thing

simdel1
01-02-2006, 11:34 AM
This is my latest photoshop rendering. I thought I would give myself the challenge of doing something a little different. I decided to do a sci-fi fighter jet/land speeder type thing, and to make sure I finished it I planned to give it as a present to a friend of mine who likes Starwars and all that stuff.

Original sketch was done on A4 paper in pencil. It took a few hours because I was trying to emulate the design I had come up with in my development sketches and I was trying to keep the perspective right. I hope it worked! If anyone wants to see the development sketches or the original line drawing, let me know.

I lost track of how much time I spent rendering it in photoshop. There’s probably 50 layers including the additional panel lines. I’m still relatively new to photoshop so I was just experimenting all the time. The background was surprisingly hard to achieve as I was trying to get the streaking to be in perspective with the vehicle. Nightmare! I can tell you, the fact that I told my friend that I was doing it for him was a real incentive to get it finished, I would never normally spend that much time of a project of this type. There are several areas that I am very unhappy with however. The ‘tail’ section looks very rough and the graphics on the engine and behind the cockpit are not strong enough.

I gave my friend the finished rendering printed on high quality glossy photo paper roughly A4 size. He was very pleased with it and put it up on his wall, which is nice.

I would like to hear your opinions too. Hope you like it!

http://tinypic.com/jkuhkw.jpg
image finally sorted!

Mshkttck
01-02-2006, 02:03 PM
what are you using?

use imageshack.us or tinypic.com

simdel1
01-03-2006, 04:59 AM
i was using the AF image uploader. i've given up on that now. :disappoin

Mshkttck
01-03-2006, 07:24 AM
color and rendering is sweet.

I just think the rear top engine is angled a little too far down.

HighOctaneNOSUser
01-03-2006, 11:50 AM
Lol let's hope it's not a drop top:p

"Suckin in the children.... Lalalalala-laaaa"

grantrl78
01-06-2006, 12:56 AM
Looks cool.
I like how the rays of light act like motion lines.
Nice render.

Add your comment to this topic!