Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

AC/HEATER Problem

ryinglin
01-01-2006, 11:11 AM
I have a 2001 Grand Am and am having problems with the AC and Heater. They only work when I put the fan on 3+... 1 and 2 do not work at all. Is it a fuse? Can anyone help me?

Ridenour
01-01-2006, 02:24 PM
Welcome to the forum. It is a very classic problem - it's the blower fan resistor. It's mounted on the inside of the firewall in a leak-prone area and fails frequently. The new resistors have a coating on them to prevent this. The part number of the new one is 15359314

After you buy it, here's how to change it:

1) Resistor is located next to firewall on passenger side, in part of the blower motor plastic housing assembly, on the downside part of the assembly that is toward the passenger's feet.

2) To get to it, you will need a 7/32 " socket. You will need a universal socket adapter.

3) You will need to open the passenger door, and lay on your left hip with your upper torso on the passenger floor.

4) Look up toward the fire wall. LOOK UP! You will see wires feeding the resistor via a connector. You will see two bolts holding the resistor in the housing.

5) That's it - change it, and good luck.

xeroinfinity
01-01-2006, 04:45 PM
you make that sound so easy Ride!

Ridenour
01-01-2006, 07:22 PM
LMAO it can deffinately be done. Given, I'm 6' and only 155 pds, so I can fit in tighter spaces then *most* adult males :) lol - really the hardest part is just getting squeezed up and in there, after that it's nothing but shear bliss... I just realized how horribly that could be misinterpreted :lol:

xeroinfinity
01-02-2006, 10:04 AM
I'm not saying a word! Lol I'm 6'2" and 200lbs(32" waist) and I fit down under just fine. I'm not a contortionist either. :lol:

Add your comment to this topic!