Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Rear vents

TuBlaz
12-30-2005, 12:02 AM
How do I turn on the (heat or ac) in the back of my 2003 ext tb. I thought it was controlled by the bottons by the rear radio knobs, but when I try still no heat/air. I also make sure the heat in the front of the truck is selected to vents. Could this be a fuse, and if so where is it located.

Thanks in advance,

-TuType

ScarabEpic22
12-30-2005, 01:20 AM
See my reply on TrailVoy, but basically there is not a seperate heat/ac control for the rear seats as in fullsize chevy trucks. Pass temp controls it. Also, if the defroster is on, they turn off.

agolfingcop
12-30-2005, 10:39 PM
To controll the rear heat and air on 2003 TB there is a controll knob down to the left of the gear shift knob that has listed as 3 2 1 0 R if you have it set to O ther will be no air or heat to the middle section or to the 3rd row of seats. The 1 2 3 controlls the 2nd row of seats and will blow out over head right behind the passenger and driver head you will see the vents for that. If you turn the swith to R it will send heat or air back to the 3rd of seats, at least this is how it is set up on my 03 ext LT hope this helps you.

phewop118
12-31-2005, 02:06 PM
The R means that the rear knobs control the rear climate instead of the front controls controlling it.

Add your comment to this topic!