Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

im building my first head need a little help

smokeymicpoter56
12-29-2005, 11:23 PM
im building a b16 pr3-3 head and i have dun soo much reading that i kinda got my self in to some trouble maybe. im doing a ls/vtec becuase its looks cool and i love n/a set up's plus vtec is sick. soo all i got is the bare head and i need cam caps and rocker's system and was wanting to know where should i look for them i want to get all aftermarket if i can. im going to be useing all kms valve train parts they have. has any one heard of them are they any good? but they dont sell valve locker's who sells good ones? are gsr cams going to be good enough are should i go with some stage 2 n/a cams? later im going to build a ls block right now this summer i want to get the head dun and in the car and wired'd up and than next winter build the block. im going to use a skunk 2 intake mainfold. with a dc 4 to 1 header. and full msd set up if thats helps at all. who sells some good injectors that just plug in to the stock wires setup? i only want to go up to like 300 to 320 cc max.
any thing you can think about that i left out would help. i never knew how big of a job this was tell i wint to build my own head. kms has these parts that im going to use.

springs, valves, Silicon Bronze Valve Guides,Valve Guide Seals ,Titanium Valve Spring Retainers

thats all they got for heads. i know there more parts i well need right? my head is port'd and polish'd and 3 angle valve cut.

thats all i can think of for right now thanks for all the help you can be. oh yeah im going to use aem cam gears and aem fuel rail.

here's kms website. http://www.honda-performance.com/

TurboGSR96
01-07-2006, 11:05 PM
I have never really heard of KMS, but I have bumped into theyre website on a search. As for the KMS parts...I have learned the hard way not to cut corners when building an engine as cutting corners will prob end up costing you double what it should of. If you have not allready purchased the parts I would look at crower, ferrea, toda etc. for their parts. Toda makes some really nice N/A cams that are race proven for your Honda engine.

Add your comment to this topic!