Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Radio question.

ivan355
12-29-2005, 07:30 AM
This is another radio question. I have a 96 LHS and when the AM band is on there is a lot of static and when you use the signals you can hear the clicks over the speakers. Does anyone know the fix for this?
Ivan

AWP9521
12-29-2005, 12:53 PM
AM reception is prone to a ton of interference from power lines and such as well as vehicle created noises.

You can try splicing in a Filter in the hot and ground wires to the radio and it may take out some of the noise, make sure the antenna cable is fully seated into the radio and at the antenna so the ground shield has a good connection, a bad Antenna cable can introduce noise if the braided shield in the coax cable is damaged. If the station you are listening to is a fair distance away and not very powerful then that alone might be the reason you are getting the interference.

ivan355
12-30-2005, 04:41 AM
AM reception is prone to a ton of interference from power lines and such as well as vehicle created noises.

You can try splicing in a Filter in the hot and ground wires to the radio and it may take out some of the noise, make sure the antenna cable is fully seated into the radio and at the antenna so the ground shield has a good connection, a bad Antenna cable can introduce noise if the braided shield in the coax cable is damaged. If the station you are listening to is a fair distance away and not very powerful then that alone might be the reason you are getting the interference.

Thanks for the quik reply, i`ll check the cable and connections and go from there.
ivan

thesaxes
12-30-2005, 08:35 AM

There is a "TSB" (technical service bulletin) out on this I believe. In my effort to fix my radio problem (see my post) I found out that there are issues with the antenna module that (on my 99 at least) is in the sail panel (ie C panel). Replacement of this module corrects the problem. You can visit your local Chrysler dealer for the TSB in question. I actually bought one of these things in my effort to fix my LHS's problem, which it didn't. $86 incl the governor. Good luck, Jerry

theFREAKnasty82
01-06-2006, 05:16 AM
This is another radio question. I have a 96 LHS and when the AM band is on there is a lot of static and when you use the signals you can hear the clicks over the speakers. Does anyone know the fix for this?
Ivan

have you had your spark plugs changed and new wires put in recently?

ivan355
01-11-2006, 08:26 AM
have you had your spark plugs changed and new wires put in recently?
Sorry it took a long time to reply, i had to change servers. No new wires or plugs recently.

Add your comment to this topic!