Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tamiya surface primer & Mr. Hobby "mr. tool cleaner"

cyberkid
12-29-2005, 05:58 AM
1. Tamiya surface primer: I use "fine surface primer (L)", my 2 questions are:
A. have any of you had a bubbly sorta reaction after "de-canning" it and storing it for a few days? kinda like when you open a soda after shaking it...
B. when you guys use it.. is it exceptionally "cloudy" (compared to Ts- paints)? to me it looks like more primer is going up in the air in 'smoke' rather than onto my model...

2. Mr. Hobby "Mr. Tool Cleaner": Does anyone know what exactly it is made of? chemical wise that is...'Cause it works great but WAYY too pricy at around $3-4 per 80ml. (small bottle)

Thanks beforehand for any feedback :smile:

Steve

Scale-Master
12-29-2005, 10:28 AM
Regarding the first question, the propellant transfers with the paint from the can when decanted. It stays active for quite awhile. When I do something like this, I shake the bottle and let it sit for a minute or two before slowly opening it with a rag around the top just in case.
Even from the can it atomizes very finely and makes more paint float in the air, just it's nature I guess.
Do know about that tool cleaner, I use caburetor cleaner to clean my tools, under $20.00 a gallon, but good for a couple years... - Mark

Add your comment to this topic!