Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'01 soft to problems

csparks78
12-28-2005, 09:19 PM
Hey, I feel real stupid for asking this but I am new to the Jeep family I just bought an '01 wrangler and the top above the passanger and driver side is not "snapped" in and I know winter is not the best time to be taking the top off and on espesially in Colorado but it really dosnt look good also the whole top is shifted about a half inch to the front so the 1/2 doors arnt shutting right. I dont want water, and cold getting in when it rains. The top above the doors is my main concern because it looks sloppy.

I was wondering how to put the top on properly I havnt a clue and would really appriciate some advice!! Thanks!! :dunno:

Ray H
12-29-2005, 10:55 AM
Hey, I feel real stupid for asking this but I am new to the Jeep family I just bought an '01 wrangler and the top above the passanger and driver side is not "snapped" in and I know winter is not the best time to be taking the top off and on espesially in Colorado but it really dosnt look good also the whole top is shifted about a half inch to the front so the 1/2 doors arnt shutting right. I dont want water, and cold getting in when it rains. The top above the doors is my main concern because it looks sloppy.

I was wondering how to put the top on properly I havnt a clue and would really appriciate some advice!! Thanks!! :dunno:

There arent snaps like on earlier Wranglers. There are two plastic tabs on the top above the doors. The taps insert into two grooves in the door surrounds. thats all that holds the top in place across the top of the doors. If the top is already up, you dont need to take it down to fasten these tabs. Just open the door and insert them into the grooves.
I cant say why the top has shifted forward. If its fastened to the body at the rear and the top is snapped to the frame cross bars inside its almost got to be that your frame is bent.

csparks78
12-30-2005, 11:44 PM
No no no... NO frame problems, its off all the way around, I just cant get the little plastic hooks into where they go in the sides above the door, Im not new to the offroad world just the jeep family!!!!

Add your comment to this topic!