Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Front Brakes 92 oldsmobile delta 88

Jayme83
12-27-2005, 05:41 PM
We are having problems fixing the brakes on a 92 olds 88, have changed the pads, brake line and caliber, but brakes are still dragging! I don't know what else to try, I even took the caliber back because I thought I had gotten a bad one, but still no luck

corning_d3
12-27-2005, 07:42 PM
Look for a crimped line between the master cylinder and the calipers. Rocks can sometimes kink lines. Or it's possible that the brake fluid has gelled up from old age, heat, or possibly from mixing types of brake fluid..I recommend flushing both front brake lines and adding fresh DOT3 fluid, if you don't find a kinked line. Also make sure the pad isn't dragging on the caliper.

MagicRat
12-27-2005, 08:41 PM
In addition to the above, sometimes a faulty master cyl can cause the brakes to drag, especially after the brakes warm up a little.

turtlenut2
12-29-2005, 07:28 PM
We are having problems fixing the brakes on a 92 olds 88, have changed the pads, brake line and caliber, but brakes are still dragging! I don't know what else to try, I even took the caliber back because I thought I had gotten a bad one, but still no luck

After you back off the calipers they should be able to be slid side to side, if they don't, that very well could be your problem. Either the slides (that the blots go through) are stuck or you might have a rust buildup where the caliper rides.

tri-power
01-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Another thing to look at is wether or not your flex hoses might be bad. now most everyone knows howto identify a faulty flex hose from the outside. However we have had problems with flex hoses weakening from the inside out, restricting fluid travel. This was a problem the we found mostly on F-bodies but it's a possibility to look into.

Add your comment to this topic!