Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

MkIII wont stay on

428_CBRA_JT
12-27-2005, 04:03 PM
Ok here my problem my 86.5 supra wont sty running unless the key is held onto the on position after that itll run for about 4 seconds then sputter and die... any idea what might be wrong.. i need to get it to run to bring it to the shop to do anything else.. towing is too expensive right now so yea... any ideas?

THanks in advance to anyone who can help

Benn

TcmaBoy
12-27-2005, 04:29 PM
Get a multimeter and check the ig wires and the ig switch.

Yellow 13
12-28-2005, 01:56 AM
I second that idea.

M3 Special
12-28-2005, 10:36 AM
Ok here my problem my 86.5 supra wont sty running unless the key is held onto the on position after that itll run for about 4 seconds then sputter and die... any idea what might be wrong.. i need to get it to run to bring it to the shop to do anything else.. towing is too expensive right now so yea... any ideas?

THanks in advance to anyone who can help

Benn

you mean held in the start position?

ya, check the ignition system.

428_CBRA_JT
01-04-2006, 12:08 PM
yea i finaly got a chilton book on it (had to special order it) and it said to check ignition wires and vaccume lines.. I know that the vaccume ines are a problem for sure.. one of the conectors running from the radiator to a purge tank are broken ill be switching that out tomorrow... so yea thanks

428_CBRA_JT
01-04-2006, 12:14 PM
yea i finaly got a chilton book on it (had to special order it) and it said to check ignition wires and vaccume lines.. I know that the vaccume ines are a problem for sure.. one of the conectors running from the radiator to a purge tank are broken ill be switching that out tomorrow... so yea thanks

Add your comment to this topic!