Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

fried starter?

pimprolla112
12-27-2005, 03:29 PM
Ok well its a 91 regal custom with the 3.8l this car has been nothing but toubl ince i bought it from my grandmother. Replacing the brakes about once every 2 months, motor tap and so forth. My new problem is that i think i might have fried the starter. Its been running fine for a while starts right up no troubles with any of that. First off 2 weeks ago the gas line had water in it and it wouldnt start guess it froze up but that turned out fine when it got warm outside.

But yesterday the starter would turn a few times then start up and through out the day it would get worst and worst as far as how long i wold have to hold key in the start position till it would kick over. When i got home last night i turned the car off because it barely started when i left my girlfriends house and tried to start it. It would turn the flywheel but wouldnt start and finally it wont even turn now. The car has about 230,000 miles on it and the original starter. I bought a new starter today and now i need to know where its located at, and how hard it will be to replace it. Ive changed out starters with now problems before but i have no cue where its at.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Add your comment to this topic!