Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 isuzu rodeo ignition

difoxx2
12-25-2005, 08:30 PM
My 94 Isuzu Rodeo 4 cyl 2.6 eng, truck will not start, replaced starter and battery, and battery terminals. Truck started after installing new starter, but when I turn off the ignition, will not start again. Have starter, and others tested, work fine. Have to turn key switch 10+ times
and then it may start. Does the samething when turn off again. Have been doing this for sometime over the past 2mos. I thought it was the battery, because of the corrosion on the terminals. Checked the manual and saw that the starter switch or lock cylinder could be gone. Manual shows diagram, but not clear enough to follow replacement instructions.
Is there anywhere to get clearer step by step diagrams.

Thanks,
Di

mezafg
07-01-2006, 10:18 PM
My 94 Isuzu Rodeo 4 cyl 2.6 eng, truck will not start, replaced starter and battery, and battery terminals. Truck started after installing new starter, but when I turn off the ignition, will not start again. Have starter, and others tested, work fine. Have to turn key switch 10+ times
and then it may start. Does the samething when turn off again. Have been doing this for sometime over the past 2mos. I thought it was the battery, because of the corrosion on the terminals. Checked the manual and saw that the starter switch or lock cylinder could be gone. Manual shows diagram, but not clear enough to follow replacement instructions.
Is there anywhere to get clearer step by step diagrams.

Thanks,
Di

I am experiencing a similar problem, I too need a step by step instructions to remove my lock cylinder. Would you forward any helpful replies to me. I really would appreciate it.

Thank you,
fgm

Cat Fuzz
07-01-2006, 11:20 PM
Do you hear any clicking when you try to engage the starter? The problem could still be the starter. The solonoid contactors in the starter wear unevenly and then you start to get intermittant contact.

surferfletch
07-02-2006, 08:51 AM
My guess is starter still. Did you put a junkyard or rebuilt starter in?

boaz2020
07-02-2006, 11:04 AM
Hey, check out this PDF for troubleshooting your ignition switch, complete with diagrams and troubleshooting procedure.

http://isuzu.ciebiera.net/PDF/94_Rodeo_Ignition_Switch.pdf

- also -

http://isuzu.ciebiera.net/PDF/94_Rodeo_Ignition_Switch_2.pdf

Good luck!

-Phil

Add your comment to this topic!