Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

gti 2002 1.8t teptronic

bmossa
12-25-2005, 03:26 PM
hello
i found out why it was shifting hard, the wire that connects to the transmission was cut, i had to go one by one to find that problem, very time consuming, but i still have the other problem, its stuck on 4th gear sometimes, but it drives normal when its cold, all of a sudden it goes to 4th and stays there until it cools off i guess, any ideas as to why, thanks

veedubmechanic
12-26-2005, 09:29 PM
check the rest of the harness / sensors. Some of the speed sensors have a long wire before it connects to the main harness. Where was the wire cut?

bmossa
12-26-2005, 10:32 PM
check the rest of the harness / sensors. Some of the speed sensors have a long wire before it connects to the main harness. Where was the wire cut?

The wire that is cut. goes to the transmission, lots of wire in the whole bunch. right next to where you fill up transmission with oil.

so your are saying that it might have something to do with wires still, but it drives normal, then all of a sudden it goes and gets stuck on 4th gear. what u thnk

veedubmechanic
12-30-2005, 08:02 PM
well saying you had a wiring issue its hard to say if its still. And since i dont know where the wires go to that were damaged I cant say what its for. If you could take a picture or something it would help.

bmossa
01-02-2006, 06:07 PM
well saying you had a wiring issue its hard to say if its still. And since i dont know where the wires go to that were damaged I cant say what its for. If you could take a picture or something it would help.

I ran a test and it showed that it was shift timeing is off, or malfunction, how can that be fixed? thanks again

veedubmechanic
01-03-2006, 09:03 PM
what do you mean ran a test and shift timing is off?

bmossa
01-03-2006, 09:14 PM
what do you mean ran a test and shift timing is off?
connect a computer and it said shifting malfunction, shifting timeing is off,

Add your comment to this topic!