Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

1998 mirage turn signal problems

gobears1
12-25-2005, 02:02 PM
The front left turn signal on my 98 mirgage was blinking rapidly and the other three were working fine. To fix this problem I first changed the bulb. The new bulb worked fine for about a second, then all four signals stopped working. I changed the flasher and the fuses in the engine, but still no change. Could there be a loose wire somewhere? I checked the connection to the back of the bulb socket itself and everything seemed fine. Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated

gobears1
12-25-2005, 03:08 PM
The front left turn signal on my 98 mirgage was blinking rapidly and the other three were working fine. To fix this problem I first changed the bulb. The new bulb worked fine for about a second, then all four signals stopped working. I changed the flasher and the fuses in the engine, but still no change. Could there be a loose wire somewhere? I checked the connection to the back of the bulb socket itself and everything seemed fine. Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Turns out...changing the tail lights has nothing to do with the turn indicators(haha). A quick look at the owners manual told me I was changing the wrong fuse. Change the correct one and everything is all better.

Add your comment to this topic!