Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2 point infraction

akohal
12-25-2005, 01:26 AM
Need some help. A couple of months back (October) got my first ticket for speeding and disobeying restrictions. Im 16 and had my license for a month and a half at the time so its a two point infraction. I dont have a court date yet, but I really dont know what to do. Caught doing 98 in a 65 and had people in the car. I got two "infractions" on the ticket and in California. The cop said that he couldve taken me to jail, but then let me drive home. My friend told me to get a lawyer and get the penalty reduced. He got a reckeless driving charge somehow reduced to a one-point violation. What are the consequences and the options before I go to court?

Chevy4life1985
01-06-2006, 06:39 AM
Get a traffice lawyer. Fight the ticket and go to defensive driving school. Another word of advice. SLOW DOWN. At 98MPH you could have killed yourself or one of your friends. At 16 years old you dont have the experience to be driving that fast on a public road.

Chevy4life1985
01-20-2006, 09:14 AM
No update?

directory
01-20-2006, 03:23 PM
how does he not have a court date yet? according to his post...

hopefully they took his car away..98mph:disappoin

CanaMark
01-22-2006, 06:40 PM
sounds abit fishy to me, every speeding ticket in north america has a traffic court date on it, or am I mistaken???

Man you got off easy, when start doing jail time for driving cars......... nm :o)

Add your comment to this topic!