Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How roomy are the new GTOs?

Chad82
12-24-2005, 07:09 PM
I am 23 years old, 6'8" and I want a fun and fast car. I like the styling on the new GTOs, and they are within my price range. The nearest dealer with any is about 90 miles away, so I don't want to make a trip if I have no chance of fitting in one.... any tall owners have any insight? I would likely be looking at an 05.

ejnichol
01-01-2006, 09:01 PM
I'd pass on it. At your height it would be uncomfortable. I'm 6'3" and test drove an '05 to answere that same question for myself. I could be comfortable in the car but only because of all the power on tap. As for available room its snug. Good legroom but roof height is even lower than new mustang.

rzkz8k
01-02-2006, 05:43 AM
I'm 6'4" and fit nicely (I own an 05), I don't drive with the seat all the way back and have lots of room.

The top of my head does not touch the head liner, but I do have to bend my head down when getting in or out of the car.

My son is 6'5" and he is OK with the car. You have another 3 inches over him, I don't know but it may be worth trying out to see.

nineball481
01-03-2006, 02:05 PM
I can not personally say, as I am 5'11" I do have friends in the 6'3"-5" range that have driven my '05 and they were comfortable. I would think that any car in this class would be questionable for you. I suggest taking the trip and testing a couple of vehicles to help make the trip worth it.

Chad82
01-04-2006, 11:08 PM
I managed to test drive one Monday and I loved everything about it... except the head room. The leg room was surprising ample, but the head room without a sunroof would be bad on the occassional long trips I make. It will be a good candidate for me in 3 to 5 years when the used car market is more reasonable and then swap out the front seat. Sadly, the car isn't the one for me at this moment.

Add your comment to this topic!