Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Power window problem, please help.

gpdxtrm
12-24-2005, 03:22 PM
I bought a 93 camry, and the front power windows don't work. I took a look inside and where the cables come to the motor, there isnt anything to grab them. I'm not sure if i'm just not seeing where they should connect, or if a piece is missing. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

gpdxtrm
12-24-2005, 08:51 PM
up.

uibalnme
12-24-2005, 11:43 PM
Check the fuses, if you haven't already. The fuse for the power windows might be blown.

somick
12-25-2005, 12:01 AM
Do you have power locks? If yes, do they work? The problem may be with the wiring.

Sam

DFBonnett
12-25-2005, 07:47 AM
I bought a 93 camry, and the front power windows don't work. I took a look inside and where the cables come to the motor, there isnt anything to grab them. I'm not sure if i'm just not seeing where they should connect, or if a piece is missing. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Are both windows out? Did they go out simultaneously or at different times?

gpdxtrm
12-25-2005, 08:16 AM
yes, the locks are fine. i checked the fuses. i took apart the door, and the two cables that go to the motor dont have anything to hold them. I just want to know if there is some sort of gear that fits in the motor and holds the cables. thanks

DFBonnett
12-25-2005, 11:53 AM
yes, the locks are fine. i checked the fuses. i took apart the door, and the two cables that go to the motor dont have anything to hold them. I just want to know if there is some sort of gear that fits in the motor and holds the cables. thanks

It sounds like the window reulator/motor assembly gave up. Happened on my wife's '93 last summer. Got one on Ebay from Dr. AutoParts. Looked identical to the OEM and works perfectly.
FWIW
YMMV

gpdxtrm
12-25-2005, 05:47 PM
no, the motor and everything is fine. i need a diagram of the regulator assembly to see if i'm missing a part.

gpdxtrm
12-25-2005, 08:49 PM
i think now i'm looking for a used window regulator. if someone has a parts car, let me know. i want to buy a LH and RH window regulators with motors. i can pay with paypal. thanks

Add your comment to this topic!