Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

fixing up my mx6??

gio11
12-23-2005, 01:09 AM
Hey if anybody out there could answer this id appericate it. Ive been asking around if my 94 mazda is worth fixin up? It definatly needs some body work and engine. I wanted to swap out to klze but how much is this gonna cost me, what else do I have to do. I heard that Id have to change the front axle's. There's a performance shop down the street from me and I was told me that get engines dirt cheap. But will I need a wiring harness and new tranny or what. If any1 could give me a lil more info on this id appericate it im a lil new at this. Im lookn to put about 250-300 hp in there. thanks

96probegt
12-23-2005, 11:13 AM
u would only need to change ur axels if ur swaping from a 4-6 cylinder other than that the ze just drops in i got my ze for 900

gio11
12-23-2005, 12:06 PM
u would only need to change ur axels if ur swaping from a 4-6 cylinder other than that the ze just drops in i got my ze for 900

Okay, good cause I have a six but it has 145,000 so are you sure I wont need to change them, people have told me to much power in the front will snap em. Also im not familar with all the terms yet but is a wiring harness the same as E.C.U. or different. Thanks for the comment bro I appericate it.

96probegt
12-26-2005, 11:08 PM
the wiring and ecu will all work together no cutting abd splicing neended ur stock ecu will work the only difference is the vris points and fuel curve? prety sure of that as far as axels im still runun the factory ones with 170000 miles on them i blew apart my tranny though

craped-out mx6
02-22-2006, 11:25 PM
i have heard that if you change to the ze from the fe that you would have to do something about the egr valve since the ze doesnt have one(you got me, not sure about that) so if your state is all about emissions then you might want to look into that.:2cents:

mx3man
02-23-2006, 12:13 PM
i have heard that if you change to the ze from the fe that you would have to do something about the egr valve since the ze doesnt have one(you got me, not sure about that) so if your state is all about emissions then you might want to look into that.:2cents:

The easier option for the EGR is to simply remove it. This will lower your emissions but some people have passed even w/o the EGR.

The stock axels are fine, however excessive wheel hop and torque can kill them quicker than if you can say 'ZE power!'

ZE swaps are cheap and easy to do. If you go KLZE, you will want to change your ECU for one that will have better fuel maps and timing. Look for an ECU with a code: KL31 or KL36

When looking for a KLZE, look for one with the long neck intake manifold and not the curve neck one. The long neck has more aggressive KL31 cams vs. the curveneck's KL01.

Add your comment to this topic!