Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Should I stop? Or go for it? Need thoughts.

Blazer SS
12-22-2005, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the good response that I got from my pictures. And thanks to Cailen for the link to my pictures. My problem, Nitrous!! Should I or shouldn't I? I have been looking at a ZEX system, I will go for the low end of 100-125hp added to the rear wheels. This seems to be my best bet, since the nitrous will be dispersed only at 3/4 to full throttle. The problem the 4l60e, Will it handle close to 500hp for short bursts? Or will I Have to switch to a 4l80e ? And will my 3:73 posi stock rear, handle all of the Power that this truck will have? I have what appears to be a built in bung in the elbow at the top of the supercharger bend (outlet) that should take the nitrous injector. So installation should be pretty simple and it looks perfect for dispersion in the intake stream. Am I crazy! Or can I say that this is a study to see how far you can take a Chevy Blazer? Either way I am having a ball and everyone that has driven the Blazer including the dyno people always have the biggest stupid grins on their face after driving it.

2000blazerls
12-22-2005, 08:18 PM
When someone asks me why I keep doing things to my Blazer, I always respond with "Why stop now?"

s10blazerman4x4
12-22-2005, 08:59 PM
Dont know but go for it man. Plus i think if you had to you could always get a tranny built for whatever HP you need. I know i was told my 700r4 is safe to 300 and im below that with the v8 but torque is 300 it was one of the two so i have to watch but go FOR IT/

Blazer SS
12-22-2005, 09:23 PM
So It is a satisfaction issue. Not a design issue. as long as you want something, it can be provided. Makes you wonder. Can there ever be an end to what you can do to your vehicle?

s10blazerman4x4
12-22-2005, 09:37 PM
no i went v8 and want a supercharger for my truck lol but it destroys too many things already that are going to be holding on for dear life lol tranny.I do it just research and research and then do it for giggles because that will put some Ford or Rice in their place

Blazer SS
12-22-2005, 10:07 PM
Guilty pleasure isn't it? Why? after you destroy someone does it always seem that they only respond in one or two ways? After waiting for them and they pull up next to you, you will maybe get the finger or the straight forward stare, not even acknowledging you, then as always, they take off well before the light changes and you pass them like they were standing still. They then run the next light as you stop. (maybe to avoid the embarassment of being beaten by a lowly Blazer) GT mustangs owners give the best reactions, usually a curse word followed by a lone finger.

s10blazerman4x4
12-22-2005, 10:21 PM
this is great, im researchin

blazee
12-23-2005, 09:36 AM
Guilty pleasure isn't it? Why? after you destroy someone does it always seem that they only respond in one or two ways? After waiting for them and they pull up next to you, you will maybe get the finger or the straight forward stare, not even acknowledging you, then as always, they take off well before the light changes and you pass them like they were standing still. They then run the next light as you stop. (maybe to avoid the embarassment of being beaten by a lowly Blazer) GT mustangs owners give the best reactions, usually a curse word followed by a lone finger.
Now that you mention it..... that is pretty much what most people do.

Cailen
12-23-2005, 11:47 AM
The ones that give the straight forward stare are always the ones who were staring you down at the light previous.

Blazer SS
12-23-2005, 05:20 PM
You know what makes leaving a Mustang or Ram or a F-150 or even (heaven forbid) a Camaro, better.
Looking in the passenger seat of the stomped car and seeing his wife or girlfriend covering her face with embarassment. Great!! You just know they aren't getting any tonight! Cost of Gas $2.40------Cost of a Ticket for speeding ??$???--------The Cost of the look on their face after beating them PRICELESS!!!!!!

ZL1power69
12-23-2005, 05:29 PM
You know what makes leaving a Mustang or Ram or a F-150 or even (heaven forbid) a Camaro, better.
Looking in the passenger seat of the stomped car and seeing his wife or girlfriend covering her face with embarassment. Great!! You just know they aren't getting any tonight! Cost of Gas $2.40------Cost of a Ticket for speeding ??$???--------The Cost of the look on their face after beating them PRICELESS!!!!!!

keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Add your comment to this topic!