Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My Heater Core Is Out Can I Drive?

danman420
12-21-2005, 03:43 PM
Hello all, can anyway please tell me if i can drive my jimmy if the heater core is out. and if not is there anyway i can bypass it so i can drive??? PLease need to know so i can get to work so i dont get fired plz HELP>!!!!!

taylorman
12-21-2005, 05:50 PM
Yes. Find the two lines that run to the heater core. Disconnect them and connect the two heater lines together using a elbow of some sort.( I got mine at a hardware store, it was copper). Check your antifreeze level and make sure it's full and you should be good to go. Just no heat. That sucks this time of year. Very easy to do. Good luck.

blazee
12-21-2005, 05:52 PM
It can be easily bypassed. Just disconnect the hoses where they connect to the heater core at the firewall, then connect the two hoses together. Some parts stores sell a little plastic connector for doing this. The "T" included in the Prestone Flush 'N Fill kit will also work.

MT-2500
12-21-2005, 06:34 PM
I see it is your first post. So welcome to AF.
I think they have answered your question good.
But One word of caution. It is dangerous to your health to breath them antifreeze fumes.
They can cause kedney damage and other problems
So be safe an crack a window if you have any fumes or antifreeze smell in the cab.
Be careful out there.
MT

ChrisGood
12-22-2005, 04:49 PM
I see it is your first post. So welcome to AF.
I think they have answered your question good.
But One word of caution. It is dangerous to your health to breath them antifreeze fumes.
They can cause kedney damage and other problems
So be safe an crack a window if you have any fumes or antifreeze smell in the cab.
Be careful out there.
MT

Of course so is driving, smoking, drinking, consuming large amounts of fatty food, red meat... but we still do all of that

confederatenut
11-06-2006, 08:07 AM
No need to buy a conector,take one hose off and loop the one that's left around to where the other came off.

Add your comment to this topic!