Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New guy here

tardster
12-21-2005, 02:47 PM
Hello everyone, My name is Ed. I just got me my first Acura Integra. Its a 93, it needs a few touch-ups and stuff. I dont really know alot about it besides it has a Honda motor in it, I believe its the 1.8 but not sure. I know its the 1 with the DOHC. It has the ricer exhaust, rims, gauges, and stuff like that. Its the car in my sig, so let me know what you think....

V T E C H
12-21-2005, 02:57 PM
lose the decals and it will look a lot better in my opinion.

tardster
12-21-2005, 04:03 PM
No decals sorry to say, thats paint...

Genopsyde
12-21-2005, 07:23 PM
I'm speechless....

FormulaLT1
12-21-2005, 07:30 PM
Well congrats on the new car and that was a pretty drastic change.

knorwj
12-21-2005, 07:39 PM
Hello everyone, My name is Ed. I just got me my first Acura Integra. Its a 93, it needs a few touch-ups and stuff. I dont really know alot about it besides it has a Honda motor in it, I believe its the 1.8 but not sure. I know its the 1 with the DOHC. It has the ricer exhaust, rims, gauges, and stuff like that. Its the car in my sig, so let me know what you think....

ehh not too bad. I'm not a fan of body kits but I think I could live with that one as long as it wasn't on my car. I would maybe add a OEM spoiler on that rear deck. I'm undecided on the rims.... kinda leaning towards swapping them for maybe 3rd gen fat fives, or a cleaner looking aftermarket rim. Right now they have too much open area, they need to have fatter spokes or more spokes. It also appears to have clear tails... I would put some stock tails in there to make it cleaner looking.

Other than that the white paint looks nice and clean and shiny. As far as the blueish purple lines... well if they were a decal I'd say peel them off, but you already said they are painted on so be thankful they aren't that bad I guess.

Over all not a bad buy, looks like its in good shape from the pics I see.

tardster
12-21-2005, 08:48 PM
Hey Geno and Formula, wow its been awhile. Yeah its a big differance from the camaro but its so much easier on gas...

K2sInteg98
12-21-2005, 08:48 PM
yes i agree, i would probably get rims that have fatter spokes or more spokes because it does look a little open. I see a lot of wheel gap too, maybe if you take the body kit off and slam it, it would look awesome. 1 piece headlights would also add a nice touch.

tardster
12-21-2005, 08:59 PM
ehh not too bad. I'm not a fan of body kits but I think I could live with that one as long as it wasn't on my car. I would maybe add a OEM spoiler on that rear deck. I'm undecided on the rims.... kinda leaning towards swapping them for maybe 3rd gen fat fives, or a cleaner looking aftermarket rim. Right now they have too much open area, they need to have fatter spokes or more spokes. It also appears to have clear tails... I would put some stock tails in there to make it cleaner looking.

Other than that the white paint looks nice and clean and shiny. As far as the blueish purple lines... well if they were a decal I'd say peel them off, but you already said they are painted on so be thankful they aren't that bad I guess.

Over all not a bad buy, looks like its in good shape from the pics I see.

Yea it needs some work, the drivers side headlight is messed up. The rear body kit piece is loose along with the side skirts and the interior is all white and blue (its butt "efin" ugly)... I hope this doesnt piss anyone off here, but im not much of a ricer. I got it because of the gas milage and its more towards a family type of car than my camaro was. I intend on changing the interior back to the original and fixing the loose pieces and maybe a new paint job this summer. I'll probably leave the rims alone since I have 5 of them, i'll just clean them up and get them powder coated to match the new paint...

tardster
12-21-2005, 09:02 PM
yes i agree, i would probably get rims that have fatter spokes or more spokes because it does look a little open. I see a lot of wheel gap too, maybe if you take the body kit off and slam it, it would look awesome. 1 piece headlights would also add a nice touch.

I saw those on ebay but I couldnt figure out which ones I wanted. They have the 1 piece chrome, carbon fiber, or the black ones. I figured i'd wait untill I decided on what color i'll be painting it.

knorwj
12-21-2005, 10:12 PM
i think you'll find that most of us regulars in here aren't ricers either. When a ricer shows up we tend to laugh at them till they leave haha.

Anyway as far as the headlights go i'm a fan of clear heads/fog lights and full amber corners and amber bumper lights. Not only does it look nice but it is surely cheaper than paying 2-300 for new headlights on ebay. i'll see if I can dig up a pic.

Add your comment to this topic!