Recall Reimbursment?

airtight_python
12-20-2005, 07:06 PM
Several months ago I had to pay (~$250) for a tow and to have the distributor cap and rotor replaced on my '02 V6. I was out of town, and the service was not performed at my local dealership.

I recently received a recall notice on the distributor cap (pin-hole leaks cause rotor and points to corrode). I went to the local dealership today to get the recall checked out. They said as far as the reimbursment, I would need the original receipt, which isn't a problem (though I I'm not sure I have the receipt anymore). The manager then informed me I would not be reimbursed the amount I paid to have the service done. I would only be reimbursed the costs that headquarters or whatever would actually pay the dealership to do it!

To top things off, they never rechecked the cap that is on there! Is this still one of the faulty caps? It was installed before the recall was ever issued...

What would you guys do and who should I contact to get this straightened out fairly.

Thanks,
Brandon

maxwedge
12-20-2005, 07:20 PM
There is a good chance they will reimburse you for the entire bill unless the shop charged some crazy price to do this that is way outdide a reasonable limit. I was a GM SM and they were pretty good about this when we submitted reimbursement claims. Was the cap factory or AM?

airtight_python
12-20-2005, 07:32 PM
There is a good chance they will reimburse you for the entire bill unless the shop charged some crazy price to do this that is way outdide a reasonable limit. I was a GM SM and they were pretty good about this when we submitted reimbursement claims. Was the cap factory or AM?

I am not sure if it was factory or aftermarket. I believe it was a Delco so I'll assume factory? Is there a form or somethin' I need to fill out and mail in.

JParrott
12-21-2005, 12:17 PM
I wouldn't worry at all. 99.99% chance they'll reimburse you 100% of your cost and will check and replace the cap on yours for free under the recall if it's a faulty one. You can always just call the shop where it was fixed out of town at and have them fax over the receipt to the stealership.

GMMerlin
12-21-2005, 03:03 PM
All customer requests for reimbursement for previous repairs for the condition will be handled by the Customer Assistance Center, not by dealers.

A General Motors Product Recall Customer Reimbursement Procedure Form is included with the customer letter.

If you have any questions or need any assistance, just contact your dealer or the appropriate Customer Assistance Center at the number listed below. The Customer Assistance Centerís hours of operation are from 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM, EST, Monday through Friday.
Chevrolet
1-800-630-2438
GMC
1-866-996-9463

airtight_python
12-21-2005, 04:15 PM
Thanks dudes, I'll get it taken care of.

Add your comment to this topic!