Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Radio Dead

nsbs
12-20-2005, 10:55 AM
I have a 2002 Jetta TDi. Went out last night radio worked fine, got in this morning and radio is dead. There are no lights working on radio. CD or cassette also not working.

Checked fuse panel and I don't even see a icon for anything that even resembles a fuse for radio.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

nsbs
12-21-2005, 07:59 AM
I have a 2002 Jetta TDi. Went out last night radio worked fine, got in this morning and radio is dead. There are no lights working on radio. CD or cassette also not working.

Checked fuse panel and I don't even see a icon for anything that even resembles a fuse for radio.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
I went out this morning disconnected battery for a few minutes, reconnected and voila my radio now works again. HOWEVER my air bag light is now illuminated(I just had the air bag module replaced 4000km ago). I'm really starting to believe there are electrical gremlins in these VW's.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

veedubmechanic
12-21-2005, 09:11 AM
you need a new radio.

the airbag light probalbly came on because the module sensed you disconnecting the battery

nsbs
12-21-2005, 01:51 PM
you need a new radio.

the airbag light probalbly came on because the module sensed you disconnecting the battery

Bit the bullit and went to the dealer. They replaced the ignition switch and everything seems to be working so far, although I'm out $340.00
I'm really starting to dislike this car. Thanks for the info veedud.

Add your comment to this topic!