Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Blower works only on HI, again

cassia
12-20-2005, 08:15 AM
I have changed the module next to the blower last year and this year. and the blower last year. This year the blower worked on all settings for about 1 month, now works only on HI. I have checked the fuses. The two modules I did change did have burnt areas. This one is still in 1 year waranty. Do I need to change it again?!!
Thanks

GTP Dad
12-20-2005, 11:54 AM
Yes, that is the only way to fix the problem. Check the wiring to make sure you don't have a short somewhere that is causing these to burn out. Not common for them to go out so fast!

cassia
12-20-2005, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the info. I will change it again. Is there an easier way to remove it besides removing the blower? Thanks

GTP Dad
12-21-2005, 12:57 PM
Not really! One question are you buying resistors from the GM dealer or are you buying aftermarket ones? If you are a buying aftermarket resistors you may want to go to the dealer and get an OEM resistor.

public
01-01-2006, 02:28 PM
I went through 4 resistor modules in 2 years. All were from the dealer. I changed the motor and switch just in case they were causing the problem. If you looked at the original ones you could see the issue. the resistors were surface soldered onto the PC board, when they got hot the solder melted and the resistor fell off(duh!)
They now have an improved design that seems more durable(looks like the traditional design with resistors mounted off of the PC board) Mine has been in the car for over a year now and still holding.

Add your comment to this topic!