Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help with Civic Interior Work

PhrostED
06-06-2002, 08:05 PM
When out and picked me up some Nakamichi 6x9s today with the intent of going home and throwing them in. I had about a 30 min job planned but damn I was wrong. I've installed 6x9s so I crawled in the trunk to find the screws holding the factory speakers in and I find plastic clips that of course have to be accessed from the top. Climb into the back of the Civic I found that I would have to remove the back panel, but to remove that I would have to remove the side panels. After cussing my way through an additional hour, I was left with my the back of the rear seat removed, and the side panels held on by one pin that I couldn't get to. It seems to be along the very bottom and is just covered by the back seat. Has anyone sucessfully installed speakers in to a '98 Civic Si? If they have, any tips or suggestions would help me out. Thanks in advance.

jeisai
06-07-2002, 11:23 AM
Yeah, those speakers were a pain in the ass in my 97 Civic coupe. I don't remember those two side panels getting stuck though... I think my friend and I ended up breaking a few of the snaps that hold them in. But oh well. Good luck.

rendog24
06-07-2002, 10:29 PM
yeah whenever i cant figure how to get something off and its just held on by something of little use i just break it and figure i can fix it when the time comes. hey it works for me.:D

Add your comment to this topic!