Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

E36 Brake Sensor Question

1mikebowman
12-19-2005, 05:59 AM
Ok, I have a 1995 M3. This is the 3rd BMW now that I have owned. On all my BMW's that damn brake sensor keeps going off. Now I know that the sensors wear down if you don't replace your brakes immediately and need to buy new ones from the BMW dealership. Well, on my M3 I just baught, the brake sensor came on 3 days ago. I must have drove the car a total of 10 miles after it came on just running errands. I immediately replaced the brake pads on both the front and rear. The front was obviously the root cause. Well after I changed the brakes that damn sensor is still on. Is there some sort of reset or is the sensor done for even after only 10 miles? Makes no sense to me. The sensor doesn't look bad, the rear looks fine. Any suggestions?

1mikebowman
12-21-2005, 06:54 AM
OK Don't worry about it. I found my answers on the 3 Series forum.

Ok, I have a 1995 M3. This is the 3rd BMW now that I have owned. On all my BMW's that damn brake sensor keeps going off. Now I know that the sensors wear down if you don't replace your brakes immediately and need to buy new ones from the BMW dealership. Well, on my M3 I just baught, the brake sensor came on 3 days ago. I must have drove the car a total of 10 miles after it came on just running errands. I immediately replaced the brake pads on both the front and rear. The front was obviously the root cause. Well after I changed the brakes that damn sensor is still on. Is there some sort of reset or is the sensor done for even after only 10 miles? Makes no sense to me. The sensor doesn't look bad, the rear looks fine. Any suggestions?
http://

Add your comment to this topic!