Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

P0753 1-2 Shift Solenoid Circuit Electrical

kcbudman
12-19-2005, 03:20 AM
Anyone ever had this, or fixed this? Can you explain what it is, and how to fix it?

Also, when the truck is cold (1999 silverado 4X4 Z71, ext cab) the steering wheel vibrates when turning to the right, but not to the left. It kinda groans too.....getting old like me I guess.

Also, wow, the "service 4wd" light sometimes comes on. No rhyme or reason, just comes on. Then when truck it turned off, and then back on, the light is not on,.

Thanks, from a newbie. This forum is a great find.

bigj-dog
07-20-2006, 04:14 PM
Hoping to re-open this thread. Got an '01 Tahoe 5.3, P0753 code also. Looking for ideas to tame this beast. Shows no symptoms while being driven, just has the light on. Thanks.

kcbudman
07-20-2006, 09:12 PM
OK, let me remember..........the code 753 means the solenoid INSIDE the tranny pan is bad. You don't have 1st or 2nd gear, is what I was told, however, you probably WON'T even notice. I didn't. If you are at a stop, and get on it hard, you should be able to tell. If you drive normal, like me, and just accelerate gradually, you would not be able to tell that the truck is not hitting the 1st and 2nd gear. I did not recognize a problem, just the check engine light. I had mine fixed by a good friend who is a major Kansas City Chevy Dealership mechanic. He fixed it in his garage, on the side. He had to drop the tranny pan, replace the solenoid, and reinstall the fluid and the pan. He said the hardest part is, upon dropping the pan, if you don't know what you are doing, you can damage the other solenoids, and if you don't damage any, you may still have a hard time realizing which solenoid is the right one. He said it would take 1.5 hours at 97 dollars an hour at his work, plus tranny pan gasket and fluid, etc., etc., for a total of about $250. He charged me $100. The solenoid was about $20. It is not hard, but you have to know what you are doing.

He also fixed the "klunk" that so many trucks had. He greased the splines. That is all. Fixed it.

He said if you get several codes that are 700 series codes, then it is probably the ignition switch. But if it is only the 753 code, it is the actual solenoid. Hope that helps.

you can email me kcbudman@sbcglobal.net if you have any questions. good luck

Ape0r
07-20-2006, 09:19 PM
OK, let me remember..........the code 753 means the solenoid INSIDE the tranny pan is bad. You don't have 1st or 2nd gear, is what I was told, however, you probably WON'T even notice. I didn't. If you are at a stop, and get on it hard, you should be able to tell. If you drive normal, like me, and just accelerate gradually, you would not be able to tell that the truck is not hitting the 1st and 2nd gear. I did not recognize a problem, just the check engine light. I had mine fixed by a good friend who is a major Kansas City Chevy Dealership mechanic. He fixed it in his garage, on the side. He had to drop the tranny pan, replace the solenoid, and reinstall the fluid and the pan. He said the hardest part is, upon dropping the pan, if you don't know what you are doing, you can damage the other solenoids, and if you don't damage any, you may still have a hard time realizing which solenoid is the right one. He said it would take 1.5 hours at 97 dollars an hour at his work, plus tranny pan gasket and fluid, etc., etc., for a total of about $250. He charged me $100. The solenoid was about $20. It is not hard, but you have to know what you are doing.

He also fixed the "klunk" that so many trucks had. He greased the splines. That is all. Fixed it.

He said if you get several codes that are 700 series codes, then it is probably the ignition switch. But if it is only the 753 code, it is the actual solenoid. Hope that helps.

you can email me kcbudman@sbcglobal.net if you have any questions. good luck

Which splines? T-case to rear driveshaft?

kcbudman
07-20-2006, 09:29 PM
I hope I am not repeating this reply. The website keeps telling me I am not logged in.

Anyway, yes, that is where he greased. Lots of grease. Took 15 minutes tops. Has not klunked since.

roger330
12-09-2007, 06:00 PM
:banghead: i have a 97 tahoe that dont have reverse and takes to long to shift to second about 3000rpm's about 20mp so i went to auto zone and got a scan and the code i got was p1751 solenoid 1 can you help me.do (http://me.do/) you think your friend can tell me were in the pan it is

old_master
12-09-2007, 06:07 PM
This thread is 2 years old, please start a new thread here:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=1450

Thanks

Add your comment to this topic!