Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1994 STS Thermostat problem

bgizmo
12-18-2005, 11:29 PM
Can someone please tell me where the thermostat is located in a 1994 STS Caddy? Mine keeps running hot and I need to replace the thermostat.

HAWG
12-19-2005, 01:19 PM
it is located in the cover for the water pump

Caddytech
12-20-2005, 08:21 PM
Can someone please tell me where the thermostat is located in a 1994 STS Caddy? Mine keeps running hot and I need to replace the thermostat.
I would also do a block test to make sure the head gaskets aren't blown also-Common problem with head bolts getting stripped--

jeeperphil
02-08-2006, 06:35 PM
Head bolts are a very common problem with the northstar. I researched this for about 2 months. My 95 seville ran fine in the winter. So thats when I unloaded it. To a CADILLAC DEALER! Ha Ha!!! The northstar is a great design, but the choice of alumninum for the entire engine wasn't to brite. It warps and melts and dents easily when subjected to high temps, such as a internal combustion engine. I loved my seville but will never own another northstar. best advice is to always keep the temp readout up on info center since according to about 30 dealer service depts it only takes one overheat to destroy this motor.

Add your comment to this topic!