Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Pagani Zonda Body?

HighOctaneNOSUser
12-18-2005, 11:20 PM
Anyone know if there is a Pagani Zonda kit car out there? Or if someone will be making one...

conceptcarartist
01-02-2006, 07:39 PM
Hi, i have just (2 weeks ago) been given the basics for my next project as a conceptartist/car designer in UK. A Ford RS200 chassis with a zonda body. An engine is being specially produced for this kit for the track model which will not be ready until 2008 but it will be well worth the wait. 2.1 litre (Very light) BUT and its a big big but... 2 options 500bhp and 900bhp! his is purely a race engine though and an engine for the rich as it will need servicing every 800miles or so and a full strip down 1500miles. Im going to design for a luxury lightweight, high performance, road version though with lcd wing and rear-view mirrors, sat nav/stereo, superior speaker system, not kit car feeling.

This car will possibly be classed as small scale production rather than kit though although may still be available in kit form aswell as turn key.

I am just finishing the first stage of the designs now which is my photo edited Pagani Zonda. Changes will obviously be made to avoid copyrights etc but i strive to improve on cars that i semi-replicate. If the back end is a bit messy i tidy it up a bit. If the lights are a bit 80s looking i use LED clusters instead.

I do not know the estimated price range for this car yet but i will guess at between $40-80k

Email me if your interested in and photos etc. I would appriciate any imput at this early stage.

Thanks

Rick

HighOctaneNOSUser
01-15-2006, 08:37 AM
Can't email you without an address. Yes I'm interested, much so, shoot me some pictures and I'll give you what input I can... alexdowby61@msn.com

erwe
06-15-2006, 11:54 PM
I'm also interested in the bodywork.
sevennl@hotmail.com

Carbon Fibre
06-17-2006, 09:54 PM
The Renault Espace was made as a one-off on a formula1 chassis. Talk s**t about that when it pulls up alongside ya.

Carbon Fibre
06-17-2006, 10:03 PM
[quote=conceptcarartist]Hi, i have just (2 weeks ago) been given the basics for my next project as a conceptartist/car designer in UK. A Ford RS200 chassis with a zonda body. An engine is being specially produced for this kit for the track model which will not be ready until 2008 but it will be well worth the wait. 2.1 litre (Very light) BUT and its a big big but... 2 options 500bhp and 900bhp! his is purely a race engine though and an engine for the rich as it will need servicing every 800miles or so and a full strip down 1500miles. Im going to design for a luxury lightweight, high performance, road version though with lcd wing and rear-view mirrors, sat nav/stereo, superior speaker system, not kit car feeling.

A VW 4 can deliver 400 plus for 100k. Fords are made to throw away.As for the "superior speaker system". there are systems in high end "kit" cars that don't even use speakers. I know Europe gets the best of the automotive world, but Ford is gribbage! sorry, man. I believe in engineering, not designing.

drunken monkey
06-18-2006, 04:31 AM
A VW 4 can deliver 400 plus for 100k. Fords are made to throw away.As for the "superior speaker system". there are systems in high end "kit" cars that don't even use speakers. I know Europe gets the best of the automotive world, but Ford is gribbage! sorry, man. I believe in engineering, not designing.

wow.
loving the generalisation.
400plus for 100K?
do you mean it'll cost 100k to make the 400+ bhp out of a vw 4 inline four?
i'm going to assume dollars and give you a 1.7 conversion rate which leaves you at 60k which could buy you an Audi RS4 which has a V8 and 414bhp.
for a little more, you can buy an M5 which has near 500bhp.

why would you want a $100K inline four (engine) when you can get those two?

Carbon Fibre
06-18-2006, 07:51 PM
Bigger turbo, intercooler, and injectors(from a Mercedes) variable intake, exhaust and a chip is all you need to acheive over 400hp. at the front wheels. If you don't believe me, read High Performance Water Cooled Volkswagons. I forgot who wrote it. Sorry.

darthnefas
02-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Finally found it.
http://jalopnik.com/cars/concept-cars/rascally-rabbit-japan-tuning-shops-mr2based-pagani-zonda-clone-209673.php

http://www.jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2006/10/rabbit_pgz_4_sm.jpg

2.2 Straight six
02-10-2007, 08:16 PM
wow.
loving the generalisation.
400plus for 100K?
do you mean it'll cost 100k to make the 400+ bhp out of a vw 4 inline four?
i'm going to assume dollars and give you a 1.7 conversion rate which leaves you at 60k which could buy you an Audi RS4 which has a V8 and 414bhp.
for a little more, you can buy an M5 which has near 500bhp.

why would you want a $100K inline four (engine) when you can get those two?

there are two guys at my college about to make ~400bhp from a MK.II Golf GTi 8v for less than 500 (including the cost of the car) it's twin-charged. (turbocharger & supercharger)

Add your comment to this topic!