Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

A Puzzling Question

HLandin
12-18-2005, 07:59 PM
One thing that puzzles me was the availability of a tachometer on the Caprice model. This is based on the information I have gather thus far from sources including www.9c1.com:

The '89-90 models did not have a factory-installed tach available (not even listed as a SPO or RPO)
The '91-93 models had a tach as part of the 9c1 instrument cluster
The '94-96 models did not have a factory-installed tach available (not as a SPO or RPO)

If the above information is incorrect, please reply and post your source.

CD Smalley
12-19-2005, 05:22 AM
Where at 9c1.com did you find that stuff? I looked thru the posted Tech Specs, the sheets from GM and the info above appears to be correct.

Also after years of reading 9c1 email list postings I would have to agree.

I don't have time right now, but I will suggest reading Ed Sanow's "Chevrolet Police Cars". It might be covered in there and this book is considered the bible of Chevy police cars.

1986Z28
12-19-2005, 03:02 PM
Where at 9c1.com did you find that stuff? I looked thru the posted Tech Specs, the sheets from GM and the info above appears to be correct.

Also after years of reading 9c1 email list postings I would have to agree.

I don't have time right now, but I will suggest reading Ed Sanow's "Chevrolet Police Cars". It might be covered in there and this book is considered the bible of Chevy police cars.

GOOD BOOK!!!!

HLandin
12-20-2005, 03:13 PM
I have to book, but it says nothing in there to answer my question.

CD Smalley
12-20-2005, 07:18 PM
Hmm. Then I guess I have to defer to the brochures posted at 9c1.com.

Add your comment to this topic!