Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Replacing LH headlight bulb?

Tk_Neo
12-18-2005, 07:19 PM
I just ended up replacing one of the RH headlight bulbs in my 94 camry. There was a triangular plastic cap that was holding the bulb into the headlight. I unscrewed it and everything went fine.

However, the deal with LH side is somewhat different.
1. I can't see screws on the triangular plastic cap that holds the bulb. May be this is not right as i can't see in there.
2. There is absolutely no space for my hands to go in and remove any screws. All the space is taken up by the battery. Do i have to remove the battery so that my hands can reach ?

Thanks for your time!!

uibalnme
12-22-2005, 11:18 PM
You don't have to remove the battery or anything like that. Just reach into the space between the battery and the back of the headlight, and feel for the bulb. The bulb socket should be pointing down just like the right headlight bulb. Hold the bulb socket and carefully twist it so it points to the right side of the car, and pull the bulb out. It was never necessary to loosen or remove the triangular retainer. Well...not on my car anyway. I have a 96 Camry. Good Luck!

Tk_Neo
12-23-2005, 12:03 AM
You don't have to remove the battery or anything like that. Just reach into the space between the battery and the back of the headlight, and feel for the bulb. The bulb socket should be pointing down just like the right headlight bulb. Hold the bulb socket and carefully twist it so it points to the right side of the car, and pull the bulb out. It was never necessary to loosen or remove the triangular retainer. Well...not on my car anyway. I have a 96 Camry. Good Luck!

Well... Thanks for your reply. I will give it a shot and let you know how it went.

It was never necessary to loosen or remove the triangular retainer. May be you are right.

Add your comment to this topic!