Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

D1GP: USA vs. Japan '05

1viadrft
12-18-2005, 07:05 PM
Vaughn Gittin with his '05 Mustang defeated the Japanese drivers and walked out #1!

Nomuken crashed!!!! He was out in the first round of his third solo run and smacked into the wall!!! :frown:

The track was re-configured and ran in a clockwise run versus the original counter clock-wise set-up. It was kinda neat and a nice change... pratically a new track for the drivers and the spectators. Rhys Millen crashed during quals the day before (I wasn't able to attend that day). I nice bonus was to see Rod Millen (Rhys' famous dad) driftin a RX8!

I was really impressed with Kumakubo from team Orange and his EJ25 powered Impreza! He was lighting up his tires at the beginning of the bank all the way to the end with a HUGE trail of tire smoke!

Unfortunately I did not take any pix of the actual drifting but took some pix of the Mini Tokyo Auto Salon and Pit area. Got a pic with Ueno from VERTEX and the father of OPTION himself! DAIJORO INADA!

I'll try to post some pix later...

EVOclipse
12-19-2005, 08:17 AM
man i cant wait for the DVD to come out. it sounds awesome. sigh drifting is the best.

Add your comment to this topic!