Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Interior Pieces,

tHe StEeleR
12-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Where should i go to find new interior pieces for my 96GT 2dr?
I the clip holding the power mirror controll broke where should i go to find a replacement plastic clip?
And in the process of taking off the door i cracked the plastic cover surrounding the doorhandle,

Should i junkyard it ? or can i buy these pieces from somewhere?

Thanks

oldmike
12-18-2005, 05:31 PM
I go to my local junkyard about every other week in decent weather and they know me well enough to just let me go wandering. For parts such as you need, they usually just give them to me, but I think they would be cheap if they'll let you pull them.
Mike

Hoags
12-18-2005, 07:02 PM
The only other place to get the ring for around the mirror control is the dealership, I have gone through 2 of them, I have not had to get the lever plastic, but like Mike says the scrap yard would be the better bet for getting them, If the yard has them you will get them that day. The dealer had to order the ring both times for me. Although by now they may be stocking them for as easily as they break I'm sure others have broken them as well it is a poor weak design.

Ridenour
12-20-2005, 06:21 PM
I second the junkyard. But before I go through the stealership, I would find out the part number and look at possibly ordering them off of www.gmpartsdirect.com for cheaper.

Add your comment to this topic!