Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Crazy: lower a PreRunner?

riscy
12-17-2005, 11:34 PM
This is going to sound crazy, but please bear with me!

My wife bought a 2001 PreRunner with TRD OffRoad package new. We didn't want that model, but we got a killer deal on it -- and besides, it didn't have the crome bumpers :)

At the time, she was working from home, and for the first 4 years she only racked up about 4500 miles.

Now she works 30 miles away through brutal cross-town traffic. The handling, climbing in and out, bounciness, etc. are really taking a toll on her!

So the crazy question is: does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for lowering this thing to more of a stock height? I read an earlier post that said something about the front suspension being adjustable, but I can't find any other info about that.

Someone also mentioned flipping the rear springs over...

Any and all suggestions are appreciated!!

trucold
12-24-2005, 10:15 PM
Hey, looks like we are trying to do the same thing. I own a 02 Prerunner V6 and am getting close to lowering it a bit, the only ones to have anything that may help you is www.airbagit.com. They have lowboys, thats 3 inches lower in the front if you crank the adjustables all the way down and a flip kit for the rear, altogether it will be about 500 bucks but I'm waiting for www.truckinweb.com to write me back. If you find anything let me know. Oh by the by, DJM said that there lowering kit doesn't fit a Prerunner, "it's a off road vehicle and we respect it as being and staying higher than stock" at least thats what they told me. And Eibach is the same deal, so airbagit is the best bet

Add your comment to this topic!