Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Do u need help w/ keys?

Mike911
12-17-2005, 03:16 PM
I have an 01' sequoia. I read through and printed the instructions listed on here by someone else for programming keyless entry remotes as well as a new master key. The key worked perfectly the first time I tried it. The remote took a couple tries because of human error. Here is my trick to making it work. I just did this today

I highlighted and printed out the instructions.
I summarized them as follows (hand written on another page, or in a blank area to read quickly as everything is based on timing) Just do everything one right after another. Don't wait.

1. both pedals 1x
2. Old Key in / on
3. gas 5x
4. brake 6x
5. key off and remove
6. new key in / on
7. gas 1x

then I turned the key off, then I started the car. First time was a charm!

For the remote I summarized the instructions as follows:

1. unlock all, and open driver door
2. key in / out
3. l/u 5x
4. close/open dri. door
5. l/u 5x
6. key in/on off/out
7. l/u buttons on remote same time for 1 (ONLY ONE) second
8. hold lock button on remote for 3 seconds

Third try and it worked perfectly. The only reason it took me three tries is because I kept holding the buttons together for three seconds instead of one. I kept looking at the wrong number. Make sure you print, read and understand the sequence. Then if you sum it up like I did, you can read it faster instead of relying on memory. GOOD LUCK!!! This saved me 100 bucks. I wish I would have bought the key and remote elsewhere though. Dealer charged 140 for the remote, 45 for the key. OUCH. Won't make that mistake again.

Again....GOOD LUCK

Brian R.
12-25-2005, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the helpful suggestion!

Add your comment to this topic!