Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Audi GT

kingalbrect79
12-16-2005, 08:50 PM
I apologize if this is in the wrong section. i am not quite sure what i have here...so i ask the german gurus here to help me out.

I have recently come in contact with, from what info i can obtain, is a very very good condition 86? Audi gt

here is an example of what it looks like--

http://www.freewebs.com/audiphilately/Audi%20GT%20Front%20lo-res.JPG

now, the one i saw is a four door, i don't really care either way, but all i know, is that the only marking on it is "Audi GT"

I would like some info on this car if you folks could help me out.

most importantly, is it all-wheel drive?
what kind of engine does it have?
what are the hp/torq specs on the car stock?
any info would be greatly appreciated.

As it stands, a restaurant manager that i know and frequent his place had this car "dropped" on his lot, someone drove it up, and took the plates, abandoning the car. while this has me a little concerned mechanical wise, i am a mechanic as well as a auto electrician, so the work doesn't bother me. What struck me as odd, is that i live in michigan, and the car is in mint condition.....so someone took care of it. I am working with the local traffic division detective to make sure it's not stolen. No dents, rust, scratches(that i can see), the interior is perfect....even a steering wheel cover..so there must be something wrong with the engine that someone either A:couldn't figure out how to fix B: couldn't afford to fix C:screwed up something internally.

A new engine is not that difficult, i know two guys who own wreckin yards, i can get a complete motor for $200

Plz help if you can, i'd sure like to know what i'm sittin on here. Especially if it's all wheel drive...that would be a blessing in michigan.

oh, a model # of some kind would be helpful so i can post correctly if i have any future problems. i haven't gotten to pop the hood yet to check it out, but it was driven there, so at least it runs eh?

thanks guys :lol2:

Add your comment to this topic!