Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 Rodeo wont start.

aiightinaz71
12-16-2005, 08:14 PM
Hey Super Mechanics out there.

I had a rod blow in my engine and purchaced a used engine. I have as Isuzu dealership doing the work installing the newer engine and they have completed to job, however they cannot get the engine to start. They tell me that they are getting power, they are getting fuel delivered, they are getting spark. air is being pushed, they tryed replacing the master computer as well as put new gas in. They have checked the timing and all the ground wired. They have had 3-5 techs on it for over 10 days. The emgine turns over and acts like it wants tostart, butnever does. Im posting here cause I think these guys need some help. I dont know much about engines, but It would seem that several professionals should be able to figure this out. Any ideas or suggestions that I can pass on? Thanks!

AiightinAZ71

amigo-2k
12-16-2005, 10:04 PM
Maybe a short in the wireharness?

http://isuzufaq.ibctech.ca/#faq61

hangman412
12-21-2005, 08:35 PM
after putting a new engine in the wifes 99 rodeo, we had the same problem. (spun a bearing in the old engine) we traced and traced and tracked and cussed and finally broke down and resolved to take it to an isuzu dealer, the lead tech (Jack) pops the hood and says, "well theres your problem" we had inadvertantly moved two ground wires to a location other than the normal spot, (Jack) moves the two ground wires and presto-alakazam the bloody thing fires right up.

just my experience

Hangman

rodeo02
12-22-2005, 03:01 PM
If the wiring is all good my guess would be the valve timing is off on the replacement engine.

Joel

Add your comment to this topic!