Page updated on 07-17-2018

datsun mania/ mg connection

josh,79,210
12-16-2005, 12:56 PM
i was recently up in port angeles washington and i noticed that they shure do like datsuns up there. especially the pickups. everywhere i looked i saw one. must have been a dealership in that town. speaking of datsun pickups i heard that the one from the 60's or 70's had the same engine as the MG cars. is that true? :confused:

dimefury
12-16-2005, 01:36 PM
i really, really doubt it.

i know for a fact (used to have one) that the 70's datsun pickups (521 and 620) came with L-16 engines. (datsun L-series engine)

i am not sure about the earlier datsun pickups. (pre-71) i don't know what engines came in these pickups, but i really doubt it was an MG engine.

there is a thread in this forum specifically about these older pickups, the guys in that thread would be able to tell you what motor is in thier trucks.

here is a link to that thread-
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=440190

dimefury
12-16-2005, 01:50 PM
so, josh, do you live up there in washington?

every year the datsun 510 club (norcal UFO) puts on the "all datsun meet" in july at mt. shasta, ca. you should go. if you like datsuns, it is awesome. lots of 510s, many Z cars, and all kinds of other datsuns meet for a car show, swap meet, two auto-x events, and other driving games. there is also a track day at thunderhill raceway before the shasta meet!

i know that mt. shasta is a bit far from washington, but it is definitly worth the drive. i live in the SF bay area (CA) and it is like a 5 hour drive to shasta, well worth it!!!! i hope to go this year, my car was in parts in the garage for a year, so i couldn't go, but now it is back together and will hopefully be ready to go this summer.

if you would like more info on the all datsun meet, just ask, i would be happy to give you all the details.

josh,79,210
12-16-2005, 09:52 PM
so, josh, do you live up there in washington?

every year the datsun 510 club (norcal UFO) puts on the "all datsun meet" in july at mt. shasta, ca. you should go. if you like datsuns, it is awesome. lots of 510s, many Z cars, and all kinds of other datsuns meet for a car show, swap meet, two auto-x events, and other driving games. there is also a track day at thunderhill raceway before the shasta meet!

i know that mt. shasta is a bit far from washington, but it is definitly worth the drive. i live in the SF bay area (CA) and it is like a 5 hour drive to shasta, well worth it!!!! i hope to go this year, my car was in parts in the garage for a year, so i couldn't go, but now it is back together and will hopefully be ready to go this summer.

if you would like more info on the all datsun meet, just ask, i would be happy to give you all the details.

i found the site for this meet while i was googling datsuns. my car is in know condition to make the drive to california and i cannot drive yet.

Add your comment to this topic!