Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

oh lucky me

mackamitsu
12-16-2005, 10:21 AM
I just was at the wreckers, doing the ol' hairy eyeball at some p/u parts for my brothers truck, and low and behold I find myself a 350 4 bolt block, darn near mint. The old owner was pulling the heater core, and told me it was a 4 bolt. So for 75 bucks I have a 350 4 bolt with 180,000km, never rebuilt, and it's complete. I am picking it up tomorrow. The wrecker already quarantined the truck for me. :smokin: good bye 307 hello speeding tickets :evillol:

silicon212
12-16-2005, 06:58 PM
I just was at the wreckers, doing the ol' hairy eyeball at some p/u parts for my brothers truck, and low and behold I find myself a 350 4 bolt block, darn near mint. The old owner was pulling the heater core, and told me it was a 4 bolt. So for 75 bucks I have a 350 4 bolt with 180,000km, never rebuilt, and it's complete. I am picking it up tomorrow. The wrecker already quarantined the truck for me. :smokin: good bye 307 hello speeding tickets :evillol:

Hot diggity dog! Welcome to the Power Crowd. One thing - although the TH200-4R you have will bolt directly to the 350, it might not handle the torque for extended miles so you might want to look into a TH700-R4 or a beefed-up TH200-4R. If you go the 700 route, you will need another driveshaft for it (TH200 driveshaft is about 2" too long).

Try to get that engine with all of the accessory mounts, and if possible, the power steering pump too. You will also need to get the E4ME carb for a Chevrolet engine - the Olds E4ME carb has the fuel intake directly in the front which on the Chevrolet engine will interfere with the thermostat housing. Get the distributor and anything else you will need for the swap.

One more thing, you will want a larger radiator. The one you have won't be sufficient for a 350.

PeteA216
12-16-2005, 09:29 PM
Very nice!! If you're gonna put any extras on, put em on while its still out of the car (ie. edelbrock intake, roller rocker arms, or things just to dress it up such as chrome timing chain and valve covers).

mackamitsu
12-17-2005, 07:02 AM
Hot diggity dog! Welcome to the Power Crowd. One thing - although the TH200-4R you have will bolt directly to the 350, it might not handle the torque for extended miles so you might want to look into a TH700-R4 or a beefed-up TH200-4R. If you go the 700 route, you will need another driveshaft for it (TH200 driveshaft is about 2" too long).

Try to get that engine with all of the accessory mounts, and if possible, the power steering pump too. You will also need to get the E4ME carb for a Chevrolet engine - the Olds E4ME carb has the fuel intake directly in the front which on the Chevrolet engine will interfere with the thermostat housing. Get the distributor and anything else you will need for the swap.

One more thing, you will want a larger radiator. The one you have won't be sufficient for a 350.

Its a long block from a 84 GMC Sierra 1500. I'm going to pull it apart and make it into a 383 (first time doing my own stroker). It has a TH350 behind it (in dire need of a rebuild) I may grab that and rebuild it (I've done 4 now) or look for a 700-R4. I'll see what happens when I get it home today. I'll also get a chance the get a good look at the th350.

Add your comment to this topic!