Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'88 Accord - Want to mod and upgrade - I'm a newbie

frankiebonez
06-05-2002, 11:06 PM
Hi guys. I just bought my grandmother's gold painted '88 Honda Accord LX today. It's in great shape with only 38000 actual miles on it. She's had it since I was a kid and I always thought it was a cool car. Before this I had a Buick Century (yes, laugh it up). Anyway, considering I've saved a crapload of money over buying a newer car, and this thing is in awesome shape...I'm wondering what kinda mods and upgrades I can do to pimp this sucker out.

I'm a computer guy so I know next to nothing about cars. I've never been the type to pop my hood and show off my engine or pop others' and check out theirs (that sounded perved). I've always wanted a nice car and wanted something sportier and fast, yet cheap and reliable. From the mods I've seen and what I've read, there's definately some juice in these cars that has yet to be tapped. First of all, I plan on getting a nice stereo system of course. I really want to know what I can do to the engine and eventually the exterior of the car to make it perform like a champ without breaking the bank.

I'll have about $3000 to spend on it once I get this Buick sold, but I don't plan on splurging at one time. I want to make the upgrades gradual because I gotta have cash for other stuff (poor college kid).

Like I said earlier, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to car specs, but I'm wanting to learn. I don't want to end up being a ricer and having my car called a ricemobile. I just need your pro help to avoid that :D

Anyway, pointers, tips, suggestions, comments, prices and anything else is appreciated. I can't seem to find much on the net about car mod tips for retards, so I'm asking you guys. I'll continue to frequent these forums to check out the replies. Also my email is azadaw@bellsouth.net if you guys want to just shoot me a line and we can chat easily that way.

Thanks.

chiller670
06-11-2002, 06:37 PM
www.3geez.com

electronblue
06-12-2002, 07:18 PM
www.3geez.com is the BEST place to get started. That's where I started years ago.... if you want to see lot's off modded 3g's go there or go to my car page....

http://raincoat.8k.com/new.htm

Add your comment to this topic!