Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Starter location???

vtec69
12-14-2005, 05:00 PM
So last night I had my car sitting in front of my friends house for like 3 hours in the cold and when i went back out to start it up, it didnt start?!?!?!
It didnt even crank at all, just clicked when i turned the key

the alarm is working and the radio and all lights on the dash work. I hooked a jump it up to the battery and the car still didnt charge.
The battery in there is only about 4 weeks old, so im guessing its the starter but i have no idea where it is
I was looking in the dark and i know its gotta be in the tranny but does anyone have a pic where it is, or can someone explain where it is??

thanks
-Brian

LeSabre97mint
12-14-2005, 05:10 PM
So last night I had my car sitting in front of my friends house for like 3 hours in the cold and when i went back out to start it up, it didnt start?!?!?!
It didnt even crank at all, just clicked when i turned the key

the alarm is working and the radio and all lights on the dash work. I hooked a jump it up to the battery and the car still didnt charge.
The battery in there is only about 4 weeks old, so im guessing its the starter but i have no idea where it is
I was looking in the dark and i know its gotta be in the tranny but does anyone have a pic where it is, or can someone explain where it is??

thanks
-Brian

Brian

Your starter is mounted low on the front of the motor just befor the tranny. I think it's best to pull it from the bottom. Be sure to disconnect your battery ground so you don't get unwanted sparks.

Regards

Dan

Loekee75
12-14-2005, 10:21 PM
Once you find it, try lightly tapping it with a hammer, then see if it starts. That is a quick and easy way to diagnose a bad starter, without the disappointment of removing it just to find out that it's not the problem!

Add your comment to this topic!