Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 passenger side window HELP!

Amerikaner83
12-13-2005, 10:16 PM
Is there any place I can measure the window size and dimensions for my 97 GA 2dr passenger door window? I sideswiped a telephone pole and my side mirror shattered the window. Smart me, having a 1000 dollar deductible cuz I thought i'd never need it!!!!

I am thinking about just putting in plexiglass for now, but to get an accurate size of the window, I need the dimensions. hence the problem. Can't get dimentions off of my driver's window, cuz I don't know how far under the door the window goes when it's rolled up!

Anywhere i can find help...?

Thanks everyone:

Michael in Seattle, WA

grfnkl
12-14-2005, 12:59 PM
any automotive glass places should be able to supply dimensions of the window, or you can try a dealership/bodyshops. It would probably cheaper to either find a window in the junkyard instead of plexiglass or you can get a new one from a automotive glass place. Good luck

Amerikaner83
12-14-2005, 01:17 PM
any automotive glass places should be able to supply dimensions of the window, or you can try a dealership/bodyshops. It would probably cheaper to either find a window in the junkyard instead of plexiglass or you can get a new one from a automotive glass place. Good luck

tried the whole junkyard thing...none around the area have any windows at all. apparently, the regulator/motor on the 97s liked to go out a lot, and people decided to just take the window with it, i guess.

Thanks. i'll just have to live with my duct-tape and plasic wrap job for another few days until i get paid, then I'll get me a new window and bill insurance later, when I can afford the deductible.

Michael

Add your comment to this topic!